Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Great British Driving Test.

I watched on television last night The Great British Driving Test and took part in the quiz.

What shocked me was that only 42% of the male members and 40% of the female members of the British public who phoned in got 30 or more questions on the highway code right out of the 35 asked. This test used the official driving theory test questions and the pass rate is 30 or more out of 35. This is an appalling level of ignorance. I used to think that there was an awful lot of aggressive driving by the "me first" brigade on our roads but I now have to figure in the 59% of ignorant motorists. What incompetence the British public is blindly showing. Now I understand how so many daft accidents are caused - simple ignorance. We know the ones - road signs flattened on roundabouts, lamp posts bent on exits from roundabouts.

This also shows why so many cars are illegally parked. I used to think that these illegal and inconsiderate parked cars were owned by the arrogant, "I have loads of money, I will park wherever I like" type of motorist but maybe they are just illiterate people living in blissful ignorance. This programme showed just how thick 59% of all motorists are - what amateurs they are. These ignoramus's have been shown up by their mental laziness. This coupled with their physical laziness in going everywhere by car can account for our growing rates of obesity in this country. We are becoming a nation of fat, lazy, ignorant, stupid people. Thank you ITV - entertainment for the masses!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]