Saturday, November 26, 2005

I am doing a NVQ - National Vocational Qualification - at work and one of the things we have to do is to compile a draft copy CV. So here is my draft...

Stephen Clynes
11 Crosswells Way
Ely
Cardiff
CF5 4QX
Tel: 029 20598755
Email: stephenofwestfieldpark@yahoo.co.uk
Age: 47

Workplace profile.

I am self motivating, conscientious and enjoy working on my own. I work quietly doing my job without the need for close supervision and do not need the support gained from being a team member. I have an excellent attendance record and have no health problems. I accept the demands of our 24/7 society, authority and the diversity of our country. I have a no-accidents record and hold a clean, full, all types PCV, driving licence. I am computer literate and touch type.

Employment.

1997 to 2006
Bebb Travel, Llantwit Fardre, Pontypridd.
A PCV driver on the National Express contract providing a nationwide long distance coach service which can involve overnight stays. I am responsible for checking over the roadworthiness of the coach that I have been allocated for that day. I have to use a tachograph and keep records correctly whilst operating at all times within Drivers Hours Regulations. I write vehicle defect and incident reports which I submit to my line managers. I drive in a defensive manner and am happy to take alternative routes to avoid delays or road closures. I take passengers’ tickets whilst checking for validity and fraud before loading their luggage taking care of boot capacity and potential damage. I sell tickets to passengers on demand to a customer base that is diverse, with a range of disabilities and problems speaking English. I liaise with supervisors, relief drivers and an operational control centre by telephone. I do routine housekeeping tasks of cleaning and refuelling.

1991 to 1997
Cardiff Bus, Sloper Road, Cardiff.
A PCV driver operating a local stage carriage service. Driving a full range of routes within the hustle and bustle of the City of Cardiff. Serving a cosmopolitan customer base using a fast fare ticket system supported by Wayfarer II machines.



1986 to 1991
Wessex National, Sussex Street, Bristol.
A PCV driver on the National Express contract providing long distance coach travel to all parts of the UK.

1981 to 1986
Various coach operators in the Bristol area.
A PCV driver working on Contract Hire with occasional Private Hire.

1979 to 1981
Bristol Omnibus, Lawrence Hill, Bristol.
I started my career in the passenger transport industry as a conductor before progressing onto the role of PCV driver operating local stage carriage bus services within the City of Bristol.

1975 to 1981
I had 3 different jobs after I left school at the age of 16. The first was a clerk in an insurance office, followed by a salesman in a TV rental shop and lastly a van driver for a meat wholesaler.

Lifestyle.
I am married and we have no children living with us at home. We have a Jack Russell Terrier who I love taking for walks in the countryside. We take foreign holidays and I am conscious of the many opportunities and freedoms that we enjoy in the UK. I enjoy using a computer at home for access onto the internet and taking part within the online communities. I am an Atheist who enjoys reading a daily newspaper, keeping a keen interest in current affairs and I can form an opinion on most issues. I am a non smoker and enjoy the occasional social drink. I am a car owner so I have no problems in getting to work on time.

Education.
1971 to 1975
Merrywood Boys’ School, Daventry Road, Bristol.
‘O’ level passes in Chemistry, English, Maths and Physics.
CSE pass in French

Reference.
David Newman
Managing Director
Bebb Travel PLC
The Coach Station
Llantwit Fardre
Pontypridd
CF38 2HB
Tel: 01443 215100

I hope my assessor likes this draft copy.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]