Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mr Clutch.

Driving along in my Skoda Felicia last week and all of a sudden the clutch pedal felt different and I could not engage 1st or reverse gear whilst stationary. I bought a new clutch cable from my local Skoda dealer for £15 but this did not cure the problem. The only thing it could be was a faulty clutch assembly. I rang my local Skoda dealer and they quoted me £252 for a replacement clutch. I looked on the internet and discovered Mr Clutch, whose local franchise quoted me £175 for a replacement clutch. That is a big saving on main dealer prices so I went along to our local Mr Clutch franchise who did a prompt and efficient job. My Skoda Felicia now feels like new with no problems selecting gears whilst stationary.

I am very happy with the price and service provided by Mr Clutch. I am very dissappointed with the clutch failure on my Skoda Felicia 1.3 Popular, as it has only covered 71,000 miles. For a clutch to fail in such a short mileage is bad as I expect a clutch on a car which is driven properly to last the life of the car. I have never had a clutch fail on me before, so this is a first and it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. It has put me off running this car for as long as it is economically viable and I am considering changing my car for another model from another manufacturer.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]