Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The joy of smoke-free pubs.

The weeks have rolled by since smoking has been banned in all enclosed public places here in Wales. I love going out to pubs with my wife for a drink and a meal. It is marvelous that we no longer have to put up with the scourge of cigarette smoke in public houses. The joy of having a drink and a meal in these smoke-feee pubs is very real for me. No longer am I anxious about trying out a new pub for fear of having my enjoyment and the cost of the visit ruined from cigarette smoke. Visiting a pub is now a gauranteed joy which is not put a risk when new customers arrive at the same pub.

We are going on holiday shortly to Morocco and there is a little doubt in my mind. We will be at liberty of other holiday makers smoking in enclosed public spaces. From experience I am aware that many British holiday makers take advantage of lower excise duties on tobacco and chain-smoke in the holiday resorts. I hope that my holiday experience will not be diminished by the actions of the chain-smoking customers who I do not have to tolerate back home in wonderful smoke-free Wales.

On the 1st July 2007 smoking in enclosed public spaces will also be banned over the Severn Bridge in England. Then I will be able to enjoy a smoke-free pub lunch with my parents in North Somerset. Sorry Dad, outside you go with your pipe!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]