Sunday, June 17, 2007

The value of holidays.

I have now returned back from my holiday in Morocco and have been back to work for 2 days. I can now reflect on my holiday experience and assess the value of holidays.

I feel fully refreshed after my 14 day holiday, a period of change from my usual activities. To make a complete change I deliberately kept away from the internet and newspapers. A change of routine with no work, home or dog to consider. I went to a foreign land where I could experience different foods, weather, sights and sounds. This change refreshes the mind and resets your life to new. You appreciate the company of complete strangers who are temporary residents in another world, the unreal world of the holidaymaker. These strangers are very different yet they all share common values. These people make me glad to have what I have got in my life. This experience makes me realize just how small and insignificant I am in this vast world that appears to shrink with the internet. I am now at home and back to normal, fully aware that whatever I do is only a snapshot in a very big and diverse world.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]