Friday, December 14, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I went shopping yesterday and noticed that A Thousand Splendid Suns, a novel by Khaled Hosseini was number 1 in the book charts at WH Smith. I read this book on holiday and yesterday passed it onto my mother. I am not surprised that it is number 1 in Smiths as this book is brilliant.

It is more than a week now since I finished reading this book, it left a big impression on me. In places this book made me cry, the reader gets really drawn into the characters. The story although set in Afghanistan is very easy to relate to and appeals to both men and women. The story is told from the viewpoint of 2 women but men can relate to their experiences. The story is very sad in places and you can understand the joys of being a part of a family and the sadness of failure.

If you are ever feeling low then remember this story. There are many women in the world like Mariam and Laila. People will make mistakes in life and they cannot help the world they were born into, they have to adapt and do their level best. We should always hope but should not be afraid of failure.

If any bloggers are reading this post, then yes - this book is definitely worth the £12 I paid for it and it deserves to be number 1 in the book charts.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]