Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lunch at the Cwrt Rawlin , a Marstons pub at Caerphilly.

We had a lovely lunch today at the Cwrt Rawlin, Nantgarw Road, Caerphilly, CF83 1SN. This is a Marstons pub on the old road going into Caerphilly from Nantgarw - off the A469. It is a modern pub and serves one of my favourite real ales - Marstons Pedigree. We went there with my brother and sister in law, things are very busy in pubs throughout Wales today because of the Six Nations Rugby match here in Cardiff against Italy. I am not interested in rugby but love my food and real ale. You can view all the Marstons pubs on the website and many have their menu's online. We have been to many Marstons pubs before and they are not the same throughout the country. Some menu's are quite expensive, in particular the Summerhouse at Weston Super Mare.

We have eaten at the Cwrt Rawlin before but today I noticed the website address on the menu and because I enjoyed my dining experience so much I thought I would include it on my blog. I arrived with a big appetite after walking our pet dog and a lot of items on the menu really caught my attention. I decided upon the Mega Burger Stack - a huge 16oz burger stack served in a bun with bacon, cheese, sliced tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise with onion rings and 1lb of chips for £7.25 - and boy, it was gorgeous. These burgers are quality and the meal is a feast for a king. Washed down with Marstons Pedigree and I was in heaven. I can recommend this meal to other food lovers.

Gail had the Mega Roast Chicken Dinner - a whole crown of roast chicken breast served with a mountain of new and roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and peas, sage and onion stuffing, two Yorkshire puddings and a jug of gravy for £6.95 - this was a big dinner for a big girl. She tucked in and demolished it all, bless her. She would have this meal again as she does prefer to have new and roast potatoes rather than chips.

David and Maggie are not such big eaters but enjoyed what they had and the price was right! David had the Golden Greats offer of Steak & Marston’s Ale Pie plus a pudding of Rhubarb Crumble for £3.95 - Maggie had the Lite Bite 4oz Rump Steak with chips and peas for £3.75 - both were happy to have joined us for this pub lunch.

We all enjoyed what we had and would come to the Cwrt Rawlin again. Service was good with high staffing levels. This pub is clean and well managed. The food is good quality and there was no waste on our plates. All our pet dog got from the 4 of us was the skin off Gail's chicken crown.

Oh, what a lovely day it is and as I type this blog Wales are winning 33-8 to Italy.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]