Monday, April 28, 2008

Madeleine McCann - the story continues.

Acres and acres of newsprint have been devoted to the Madeleine McCann story. Madeleine McCann was three years old when she disappeared from a holiday villa in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007. People will have their own pet theories as to what happened on that night. I have always wondered what anyone could possibly want with a three year old girl. I do not understand why anybody would want to take a three year old child - it is beyond me. This thought was again rammed home to me again today.

I finished my day job and returned home to be met by Gail's grand-daughter Louise. Louise is three years old and calls me Grampy Steve, although their is no blood line between us. She is a noisy three year old who runs around screaming and will not obey Gail fully. Gail finds her very hard work, this is not easy child minding. Time went on and I was getting more and more fed up with Louise screaming and running around, picking things up etc. After 2 solid, unbearable hours I stood up and told Gail I had enough and I was going upstairs out of the way, shutting the door behind me because I could not stand it anymore.

Eventually Louise's parents came to take her home, thank goodness. Peace was restored to my home. Gail's niece Samantha works in a nursery with young children, how she copes I do not know! If anything happened to my day job I would never consider working with small children.

A lot has been said about the McCann's leaving their children unattended whilst they had a meal nearby. Having spent 2 hours with a three year old in my own home I know how the McCann's feel, I will not criticize them, they have my deepest sympathy. Why someone would want to take away their three year old child is beyond me, the person who did it must be out of their mind and simply evil. An evil person with loads of patience.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]