Sunday, May 11, 2008

Some people have no respect.

In the newspaper yesterday is the story of Keith Hirst, who is a 54-year-old plumber. Mr Hirst said he was tapped on the shoulder by a police community support officer as he walked to the chemist at lunchtime on April 21. The officer accused him of dropping the core – which Mr Hirst denied – and demanded his name and address.

"I told him I was on my way to the shops, but would be walking back that way if he wanted to speak to me later. He followed through the precinct to the chemist.

"When I came out there were five police officers surrounding me. I said I had done nothing wrong and so was not telling them who I was."

He was arrested and spent 18 hours in a police cell and had his DNA and fingerprints taken.

...Well, what a stupid and arrogant man he is. Police Community Support Officers are the budget choice of our government to provide cheaper policing. Yet Mr Hirst could not be bothered to respect this officer who was doing the job he is paid for. You hear of problems of young people not respecting others as they challenge authority but this guy is 54 years of age. You cannot ignore people doing their jobs like Mr Hirst has clearly done. The Police were correct to arrest and detain this arrogant little man. I have no sympathy for him at all - our laws apply to everyone and litter is an avoidable nuisance that should be stopped at source.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]