Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cuil is not cool .

Do not believe the hype, Cuil , the new search engine, is not cool. Cuil claims to have 121 bn web pages in it's index. I have tried this new search engine and I found it poor, very disappointing. It does not give good results for the typical web searches that I would make. The interface is poor and it does not have any feature that attracts me to it. I vote this new search engine a MISS. Avoid it and continue to use your favourite search engine, is my advice to everyone.

My favourite search engine for general web searches is Yahoo! because the results are good and numerous. The interface allows you to refine your search and gives you good ideas to explore your search into other directions. My second choice of general search engine goes to Ask which offers most of what I look for in any search engine.

For news stories I do not think anybody does it better than News at Google and for blogs it can only be Blog Search at Google because nothing else comes close.

Happy surfing everyone.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]