Saturday, August 02, 2008

Piri Piri Chicken.

Oh it can be trying when you have visitors! Out goes your usual routine and in come the visitors that you have to entertain. It does not matter who they are, you still have to entertain. Oh boy, it can be trying no matter how close they are! We are having my parents stay with us for 5 nights. What can we do with them, where can we go? Oh, it is a pub lunch but where, with all of my mother's food intolerances?

We decided today on a Sizzling Pub , the Stone House, Lighthouse Road, St Bridges Wentlooge, Newport NP10 8TG. I went into this pub not feeling over bright. My routine has been altered and time is taken over with simply keeping everyone happy. A busman's holiday if you like. But then I looked at the menu and spotted a Piri Piri Chicken, which sounded different, foreign and rather interesting. I decided to give this chicken dish a go and walked to the bar to order. What did I find at the bar but Brain's SA on draft for only £1.90 a pint. No that is not a key punch error - I repeat - £1.90 a pint for an excellent 4.2% ABV real ale. Well, my spirits quickly brightened and the beer tasted as good as ever. I obviously recommended the same for my father.

My Piri Piri Chicken dinner came and it was simply lush. The flavour was gorgeous and the taste very foreign. What a joy this dinner was to eat compared to bland, boring British food. I felt like a new man in an instant and I became sociable again, ready to face conversation and family life.

If ever there was a food to change somebody's mood quickly for the better, then the Piri Piri Chicken gets my vote.

The Stone House pub is nice and airy, with plenty of room. I would be very happy to eat there again in the future. Well done to the team at the Stone House for making a somewhat grumpy 49 year old happy again!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]