Wednesday, October 15, 2008

natural yogurt is back in the UK.

Ah yes, I am back from my holiday in Cuba and have been back to work today. What a difference to Cuba! Back into civilisation, city living and busy traffic - what a change in cultures. I did not have any holiday tummy whilst I was in Cuba but when I got to Varadero Airport on Monday afternoon to fly back to the UK I had some griping hunger pangs. The meal on the plane did not resolve the hunger pangs and I had stomach ache all the way home back to Cardiff on Tuesday lunchtime. With this stomach pain I had very little appetite so I just drank plenty of fluids.

Last night in bed the stomach pain continued but in the middle of the night I felt my stomach spasm and shift to the left. Before this feeling happened I felt hot and then cold, hot and then cold, a kind of toggle between hot and cold. My alarm clock went off and I awoke feeling normal and fit for work. I did not fancy coffee before I left home so I had a mug of tea instead.

This afternoon I had a mug of coffee, the first I have had since Monday afternoon at our hotel in Cuba. Straight away I could feel that the stomach pain had returned. Strange I thought, let's try a mug of tea and see what happens. I drank the tea and the stomach pain thankfully went straight away. This may all be a coincidence but I may have developed some strange intolerance to coffee. As I type this now, a bell has just rang in my head!!! My mother has developed a range of food intolerances and she cannot have coffee. This may all be coincidence but it may well be some time before I try another coffee!

The 2 book reviews below where posted from the internet facility in our hotel in Cuba, similar keyboard to the UK but the " and @ keys were transposed.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]