Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dead Man's Footsteps by Peter James .

I was in WH Smith when I saw this paperback and the back cover read...

Amid the tragic unfolding mayhem of the morning of 9/11, failed Brighton businessman and ne'er-do-well Ronnie Wilson sees the chance of a lifetime: to shed his debts, disappear and reinvent himself in another country. Six years later the discovery of the skeletal remains of a woman's body in a storm drain in Brighton leads Detective Superintendent Roy Grace on an enquiry spanning the globe, and into a desperate race against time to save the life of a woman being hunted down like an animal in the streets and alleys of Brighton.

...I liked the sound of that so I bought a copy of this book. I had just finished reading Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride which I found very disappointing. This book however is far better, after reading just a few pages you discover that this book is in another league. Dead Man's Footsteps is a crime thriller spanning 566 pages. This novel has a well developed plot with well developed characters and a lot of local detail. The story unfolds because all the Police Officers work as a team. This book demonstrates just what team work can achieve. Without this team work and knowledge sharing the Police would not have solved this mystery. I vote this book a HIT. I would buy another of Peter's books because the quality is there.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]