Sunday, December 07, 2008

Number not in use.

On Tuesday night my Vodafone pay as you talk mobile phone did not work. The screen simply displayed "Number not in use" when I tried to make a call. I have never had this problem before and I wondered just what had caused this error. When I got home I took out my SIM card, cleaned it but the problem remained. I then put my SIM into another mobile phone but the problem still remained. However, my mobile phone would receive calls.

The next day I tried to ring out on my mobile phone again and everything was back to normal. My mobile phone has worked with no problems ever since. I do not know what had happened but on Tuesday I had received a text message from Vodafone telling me about the reduction in VAT and the increased amount of call credit customers would be allocated whenever they topped up their pay as you talk phones from the 1st December 2008. This makes me think that maybe the Vodafone network computers were having a software update that temporarily stopped pay as you talk customers from making chargeable calls from their phones. Whatever glitch there was has now been resolved. A lot of things happen behind the scenes and big companies do not make press releases about their problems, so as always the public is left in the dark. If this network non-availability was due to a software update on their servers you would think that rather than let their customers down, they could have just routed the calls through free-of-charge. This would have kept the glitch out of the public eye and they would have avoided the risk of losing customers for life.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]