Sunday, January 25, 2009

The WOW! factor.

I enjoy drinking real ale, lots of different real ales, brewed all around our country. I do not stick to one real ale but I try them all. Supermarkets stock many different real ales for you to try and the choice is amazing. If I see a beer I have not had before then I will automatically try it.

Last night watching television with Gail I decided to have some beer. I like all real ales and each one is different. I opened a bottle of Old Hooky from the Hook Norton Brewery in Oxfordshire. I have drank this beer before and can remember drinking Old Hooky with workmates in pubs in Oxford in the 1980's. This beer was recommended to me by a character known as "John the bus". He liked his buses, coaches and beers and had great experience of them all. John put me onto Old Hooky and I really enjoyed it.

Normally when I open and take the first sip of a different beer I think Okay and simply enjoy the drink. But last night when I took my first sip of Old Hooky I thought WOW!!! - this is brilliant. The surprise this first sip gave me was amazing, I could not get over the quality of this refreshment. This real ale is beautiful, it is the business. Memories of drinking Old Hooky with John in the 1980's came flooding back. John was a lot older than me so I assume he will have retired by now and sadly may have passed away.

Old Hooky from the Hook Norton Brewery certainly has the WOW! factor, so much so that I have posted my experience here on this blog. Old Hooky is an Old Dark 4.6% ABV beautifully balanced beer, fruity by nature, with a well-rounded body and the suggestive echo of Crystal Malt. Lager drinkers do not know what delights they are missing whilst they drink their nitrogen infused keg brewed chemical fizz.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]