Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The dismantling of Israel Document:

Readers may have noticed that my two posts below this post have attracted a comment from a blogger whose name is displayed in another alphabet/language. I can only write in English and my spoken Arabic is limited to "ureed zujaajit beera maHalleeya" and "shukran". The comments were from a very respected and established Egyptian blogger called Nawara Negm. She is the daughter of leftist poet Ahmed Fouad Negm and her blog has the English sub title of "Freedom is only for those who are ready to die".

In October 2005 I went on holiday to Bodrum, in Turkey. I took some holiday reading with me, a rather large book containing some 1328 pages. This book is called The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East by Robert Fisk , who is the Independent newspaper's Middle East correspondent. Robert's book is a wonderful insight anyone can gain into the complex history and problems of the Middle East. This book was both an eye opener and a real education for me into the conflicts that take place throughout the Middle East. Since reading this book I have followed stories concerning the Middle East in our national newspapers with the same enthusiasm as Premier League football supporters follow their sport.

Readers of my blog will by now know of my criticism of Israel. There is not much a blogger can do, I will always boycott Israeli goods. As much as I enjoy grapefruits , I will not buy them if they come from Israel because my conscience will not allow it. So when Nawara sent me the link to her petition for the dismantling of Israel , I was more than happy to sign up to it. The crimes committed by Israel over the past 60 years have been well documented. Read Robert Fisk's book for full analysis and an historical perspective. The crimes committed by Israel since 2005 have been covered by all the quality newspapers.

On Monday I was the 812th person to sign the petition, a quick click tonight shows that 1,220 people have now signed this petition for the dismantling of Israel. So come on everyone, vote with your conscience and sign up to Nawara's petition. Looking at all the work Nawara puts in, I am sure that her father is very proud of her.
Comments:
hahahahaha
and you can come to egypt and drink: zujajet beera mahallia

but you know what?

I can invite you for a "Erksoos" or kassab
 
Thanks Stephen for your support; it's much appreciated!

Best regards,
Hassan
 
Well Done
:)
 
your language is really understandable and intersesting too,but as nawara said; we will invite you for 1.50 liter of kharroub

haaaaaa

boycott zion.
 
thank you very much
 
heheheheh

and i want to invite him to " zujajet ARAK mahaleya ..lebanese Arak " its the best.. especialy ( ARAK mahally ) from zahla city .
thax Stephen for your support.

- agree about Robert`s Book .

Joe Ghanem -leb
 
you should expect a lot of names displayed in another alphabet/language :D
for Nawara has so many fans and readers, I was to thank you for supporting but it seems you're from Fisk fans which mean you are not a passer-by support, you really know what you talking about and defending.
add this to your vocabulary:
Anta ragul azeem (you're a great man :) )

http://faissl.wordpress.com
 
thank you for ur support you are realy a man of honner.
 
thanks for your consciousness, but why the untitled post? it'd help Google more if you add a name :D
 
We really would like to thank you very much
 
Thanks for your support
Nawara mentioned to your blog and made a link for it.
Thanks again, and God bless you.
 
I am glad to see that a respectable english man has not been affected by the american media which does not reflect the whole truth about this conflict
I hope there are a lot of people in England share with you the same opinion .

Thanks , and we would be really glad if we invited you over some " kassab "
 
we should first thank fisk for his book. i lived in Belfast for 2 years and i think many people really need to read his book.
thank you for being positive.
it's not enough to know what's right, it's also important to work for it. we are all proud of Nawara and all the team that contributed in this work.
I wish i could invite you to visit my blog but it's all in arabic.
best wishes
 
greatings from egypt.you are welcomed in Egypt.We shaii invite you to a puplic cafee where you can enjoy the real life.thanks for solidarity.
 
i hope that all the people around the world see the situation in middle east just like you do
can i ask you about the name of your blog "natural yogurt"
what is it mean
thanks
 
thanks
:)
thank you
 
It is refreshing to see how fair & sound ideas find support from minds that come from different cultures world wide

Thank you
 
Thank you
Arabic is a tough, but fun language to learn. Give it a try.
 
thanks a lot
 
Thanks Stephen, Your support is realy appreciated
 
HI,

Its kinda new for me to read to an English Blogger, it's even more weired when he/she DOESN'T support Israel..

I liked your style and how you reach to the point directly....

just think of stopping by in Egypt. and we (as Nawara fans) will happily take you around in a tour that you shall never forget.

good to stop by your blog, you certainly made my day
 
Wow! Thank you everyone for commenting on my post. Without Nawara bringing her petition to my attention I would not have known about it or written this post. Thanks must go to Nawara Negm and the other 1434 people who have so far signed the petition.

I like all your invitations of hospitality, food and drink.

To Joe Ghanem -leb, I have tried and enjoyed Turkish Raki and would be happy to try Lebanese Arak mahally from zahla city. I have also read Pity the Nation - Lebanon at War by Robert Fisk and unlike other reporters he has made Beirut his home for over 30 years.

To Tarek Momen, every blogger has to give his blog a title. Natural Yogurt is a personal blog and is not a single issue blog so I chose a neutral title. The title also means that Stephen likes his food!

To Yasmin Hamied, I do try and go to the Arabic lessons whilst on holiday, although one day I misheard the announcement and all I got was exercises! It was aerobic lesson, not Arabic lesson!

To all the group members of the New Holocaust blog that I found from clicking on your profiles, keep up the good work. I like the quality of the content on your blog. I have added your blog to my bookmarks.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]