Monday, April 20, 2009

The gimmick is back!

Ask.com has shelved its three year re-branding drive and will today re-launch as AskJeeves.com. The group is bringing back the fictional butler – created by PG Wodehouse in his series of Jeeves and Wooster novels – who fronted the search engine when it was first launched in 1997.

Well, I have looked at this re-branded search engine which is now called Ask Jeeves Web Search and it does nothing for me. I have looked at all the features and in my opinion it does not deliver the quality web search results I am after. The results it offers are poor and I view this re-branding as a silly cosmetic make-over of a poor search engine. Web users want good quality search results not a gimmick like a fictional butler. I will stay with Yahoo! Search because it offers the power and results that I am looking for. No other search engine comes close to the results I am getting from Yahoo! Search.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]