Thursday, October 01, 2009

BMW - Brains Maybe Wanted .

I was driving my coach along the M4 motorway towards London yesterday morning. At around 10.15 am I was driving between junction 17 - Chippenham and junction 16 - Swindon. A Dot Matrix sign was displaying the message "Debris in road - Slow". Further on I spotted a tyre in lane 3. I looked in my mirror to see how the muppets where passing this abandoned tyre. All of a sudden the tyre flipped into the air and I thought that some moron had clipped it. Then a car started to overtake me in lane 2 and I noticed that it's front nearside fog light was hanging down by it's cable below the bumper. I looked to see what marque of car this was and I found it was a BMW . The driver continued to overtake my coach, this is a class thing as all successful motorists MUST overtake the loser-cruiser. The driver continued with the fog light swinging like a trophy.

Further up the motorway, the skillful BMW car driver pulled onto the hard shoulder to survey the damage whilst the loser-cruiser rolled past at 62mph.

Well, what can I say? Expensive car hits a tyre at great speed in lane 3. The driver had clearly ignored the warning sign. There was relatively little traffic on the motorway at this time and even without the warning sign, you could spot this abandoned tyre a long way off. It stuck out like a sore thumb and was easy to see on this straight section of motorway. Was the BMW driver distracted perhaps by a mobile telephone? Thank goodness there are no pedestrians allowed on our motorways as had this tyre been a person it would have been a fatality.

Ah, BMW - cars for people with more money than sense .
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]