Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Rule of Two.

The book I am reading at the moment is called The Rule of Four, written by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. It is a conspiracy novel that lets the reader wonder about a book that was written 500 years ago. I wonder if there is a Rule of Two?

On Sunday I was two hours late coming back in my coach from Edinburgh. The delays caused by roadworks on the M6 motorway were tremendous. There were numerous delays from junction 36 down to junction 12. When I stopped in the queue before junction 35 I thought it would be better to leave the motorway and drive down the A6 through Carnforth and Lancaster. This saved some time but I was still two hours late finishing my shift.

In August I signed up for the company pension scheme which was due to start on the 1st of September. Well, September came and went with no deductions from my wages or any paperwork through the post. I sent an email to our payroll department but I did not receive a reply. I asked my line manager who did not know what was going on. He asked the depot manager who claimed he would look into the matter. Then October came and went with no deductions from my wages or any answers from management or the payroll department. So now it is November and I received a letter yesterday from the Pensions Broker to tell me that the company pension scheme is going live from the 1st of November. WOW! two months late in starting!

Two hours late finishing my shift on the coach, two months late starting the company pension scheme, I offer you the Rule of Two.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]