Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tsingtao Beer

Friends and family will know that I cannot stand Chinese food, I think it is awful. I do not like any of the food from the Far East, I think it is a sloppy, watery mess that is only fit for animal feed. I was not aware that a new Chinese year was starting but Morrisons were running special cut price lines to attract shoppers to Chinese food and drink. At the end of one aisle I spotted a display of beer, this caught my eye. I like the odd beer and if I see one that I have never heard of or drank before, I will buy one automatically. I really enjoy trying different beers. I looked at the label...

Tsingtao Beer.... Since 1903.... Brewed and Bottled by Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd in Qingdao, China... Content 640ml... Ingredients: Water, Malt, Rice, Hops... Alc. 4.7% Vol

...and the price, just £1.

Oh, China, I do not like Chinese food, what shall I do? Ah, it is only a pound and I have never had it or a Chinese beer before, damn it - I will have a go for a pound! What do I think of this Chinese beer? Well, it is different, very different. This beer is good, it is not gassy and appears to have been brewed by true craftsmen. It is a lager style beer but it does not have the traditional sharp bite and brightness of lager. The taste is like a cross between an ale and a lager but it looks like dark lager. The look of this beer could put you off at first as you pour it into your glass, as it looks like stale urine. Tsingtao is a beer to enjoy and I will glady have one again. I still will not like Chinese food but I could drink this beer until the cows come home.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]