Thursday, July 08, 2010

Summerberry Steam from Newmans Brewery .

We had a lovely pub lunch today at the Pantmawr Inn here in Cardiff. It is situated along Tyla Teg, Rhiwbina, or to us ex-Cardiff Bus drivers it is hidden behind those houses at the Service 21/23 Pantmawr bus terminal points. You would not expect a pub to be hidden there and it is very old indeed. A quick look on the internet will show that the Pantmawr Inn was up for closure before the naked ladies came to it's rescue.



The Pantmawr Inn is now one of the JW Bassett Pubs . I really enjoyed my rump steak and we will be very happy to return to the Pantmawr Inn for another meal.

I do enjoy my real ale and if I see a beer I have never had before, I will always try it. On offer today at the Pantmawr Inn were Double Dragon from Felinfoel and Summerberry Steam from Newmans Brewery . Double Dragon I have had many times before but I have never had a beer from the Newmans Brewery in Caerphilly. Summerberry Steam is one of their seasonal ales and WOW! it is good. It is different to other beers, full of flavour and a real quality brew. Newmans Brewery certainly have the skills of a master brewer and their Summerberry Steam is an excellent real ale. I will certainly drink their ales again. This beer demonstrates that they have the craft to brew proper beer and Mr Newman certainly knows what he is doing.



Oh, a Mr Newman, that is a coincidence! I knew a Mr Newman who also knew what he was doing. He was the best boss that I ever worked for and our depot has never been the same since he retired.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]