Friday, July 23, 2010

Women riding bikes.



I loved the article today in the Independent newspaper by Harriet Walker: Hassled just because I ride a bike. Her article really made me smile and being a man I can answer her doubts. Here are some snips to illustrate the tone of her article...

But the amount of scrutiny, obscenity and casual lechery I have encountered on my bike in the past month has far surpassed the catcalls I suffered as a pedestrian... There is, I have since discovered, a near-fetishistic obsession with girls on bikes, with whole blogs and websites dedicated to cataloguing the very finest examples... I'd understand the brouhaha if I was rolling through town on a carnival float in a grass skirt and carefully placed pasties. But more often than not, I'm wearing an old T-shirt covered in sweat...There is, however, something women can do about all this. The blog Hollabacknyc.com allows victims to get their own back on men who hassle by snapping them on a smartphone and uploading a description of the incident...Hollabackldn.com has also just launched, which is good news for those of us who cycle in the capital.

...Well, I understand why women riding bikes does attract attention from men and so should Harriet. She wrote the answer herself "But more often than not, I'm wearing an old T-shirt covered in sweat". That's it lass, men like to see women "working it" rather than some sedentary glamour girls posing. Men like to watch women pumping up a sweat rather than sitting on a sofa in front of a television eating chocolate.

Okay guys, a quick search on the internet gives you this blog and this website for you to enjoy!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]