Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Did I hear right?

Driving to work this morning I had the radio playing in my car. The time was around 05.45 and I was tuned to my local independent music station Capital FM . A record is playing and it has a catchy tune. A girl is singing about something or other and breaks into what sounds like a chorus ...

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

...Did I hear right? The record continues and the girl sings the same chorus again...

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

...WOW! Thought Mister Wiggly , that is rather strong on broadcast radio as the dawn breaks around Cardiff. That is rather a raunchy song to play and later on the girl sings...

S-S-S & M-M-M
S-S-S & M-M-M

...Oh yes, I thought, that is definitely S & M young lady. This record really made me smile and whilst I was driving my coach I kept singing the chorus in my head. When I got home I told Gail about the record and sang the chorus to her. I did not know who sang this song and neither did Gail. Today we have the grand children with us and Leah, who is 12 years old smiled and said "I know who it is Grampy Steve, it is Rihanna and the song is called S & M". Gail gasped in horror as she believes that 12 year old girls should not know about S & M - I just smiled and wondered if I would be put on the naughty step.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]