Wednesday, August 03, 2011

My new talk talk broadband wireless router has arrived.

Postman Pat delivered my new wireless router today. There was no charge for this device as I have agreed to stay connected to talk talk for another 12 months. This new router is a D Link DSL 2680 . It is a very small box with just 2 LAN connections and an internal wireless aerial. Setting up this router was very easy indeed. For new users there is a simple CD to install the device or you can configure it using the dialogue boxes on your operating system. You can view the router from your browser by entering "http://192.168.1.1" into the address bar. The username and passwords for this webpage are both "admin" which is a convention that talk talk have used for a number of years with their routers. This new wireless router works very well and I am happy with it. I have checked the WiFi with my Kindle and it works fine. Looking at the specifications it appears that the D Link DSL 2680 is very similar to my Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router.

D Link have been in business for 25 years and has 5 manufacturing plants worldwide:
* one manufacturing plant in California, USA;
* two in Hsin-chu, Taiwan;
* one in Dong Guan Province, China;
* one in Verna, India.

So time will tell how long this new wireless router will last. I wonder if talk talk has changed it's supply of routers from Huawei to D Link because of frequent component failure?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]