Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Godfathers comes to Cardiff. 

The other day we went out with my brother and sister-in-laws to the Plymouth Arms down the hill at St. Fagans to celebrate David's birthday. We have not been into the Plymouth Arms for a long time and I wondered what beer they would have on offer. What a surprise it was to find both a brewer and a pint I have never heard of before. Due to the location of the Plymouth Arms, you would have expected something very Welsh because the National History Museum is across the road.

What I got was the Itchen Valley Brewery which is at New Alresford in Hampshire. I tried their Godfathers which won the Bronze Award for best ale in Britain in 1998 at the Great British Beer Festival.

Well, what a lovely and very distinctive pint of beer this was to enjoy. No wonder it had won a award because this is an ale of distinction. It was a lovely surprise and added to our family evening. If you come across Godfathers on your travels, I suggest you give it a try as it is a rather good real ale.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]