Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blow me down with a feather!

I went into work on Friday afternoon and Brian said he wanted to see me. He smiled and gave me a small package with a piece of paper for me to sign. Bob called out for Brian to watch out because I might go into shock when I open the package. I gingerly opened the package and inside were 4 nationwide company issue uniform shirts! I was amazed, these were the shirts I had asked for ages ago and had assumed I would never get any because eventually the uniform would be replaced with another style. I had blogged about my shirt situation on Friday 14th November 2008 so this was not express delivery!

I like these pale blue new shirts, they are a good quality shirt with a good cut and length. The only difference to the old pale blue shirts is that they are made by Alexandra while the others were made by Allen & Douglas . The timing of this delivery makes me wonder why it has taken so long. I wonder if I was not going to get any of the old uniform issue shirts but they had complaints from the Network Standards Team that I was still wearing the Bengal Stripe shirts? I wonder if they were waiting for the new tax year to come so that the billing would be delayed? I wonder if the new uniform style has been abandoned by the nationwide company?

Still, a shirt is a shirt to me and I like the current nationwide company uniform. I do not want to change uniform style and I prefer a fleece jacket to the proposed blazer style jacket. Hopefully the new uniform style has been abandoned and we can continue to wear clothing that is best suited to our job rather than a catwalk.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]